About Our Fees
Your fee is based on the time the physician spends with you during your visit, the complexity of your medical condition, and any treatment the physician provides. But proper attention to your care also requires the physician - or members of our staff - spend additional time beyond that which we spend with you in the office. Such time may be used to:
All these activities add to our cost of doing business. Still, we are committed to providing you the best possible care at the lowest costs. We hope this explanation of our fees has been helpful. With you, our patient, we look forward to a lasting and healthy relationship.
- Create or maintain your permanent medical record.
- Review, interpret, and document all lab test results and communicate those results - orally or in writing - to you.
- Review current X-ray or scan reports, compare them with reports of previous scans, and, when the studies are abnormal, consult with the radiologist.
- Prepare and mail consultation reports and letters suggesting patients come in for a follow-up visit.
- Consult via phone about your case with referring or consulting physicians and other health care providers.
- Prepare referral letters to additional specialists, as needed.
- Prepare patient educational materials.
- Conduct medical research relevant to your case.
- Communicate with pharmacies about your prescriptions.
- Complete insurance applications and claim forms.
- Conduct utilization review negotiations with hospitals and insurance companies.
- Review and manage hospital records.
- Draft letters of necessity to obtain medical services, instruments, or prescriptions that you need.
- Arrange for hospital admissions and folow-up consultations with nurses, attending physicians, and house staff.
- Draft reports and forms, including home health care orders and nursing facility orders.